Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Three Days in One

Today was so full! So Fun!! SO MUCH FUN! It started out a little "rocky" but it was all for the best. I was able to have a lovely lunch with a really old friend of mine and it felt so great to catch up in person. The photo was part of my lunch and not only was it beautiful but super light and delicious! I was at Restaurant Nora for a little bit and talked about how the menus get created each day. Then I put on my Big Girl Pants and found the Metro and took it to the Smithsonian. I spent a bit of time in the Natural History Museum and that was really beautiful. Then I walked towards the White House, saw a little meditteranean place and got some organic hummus to fuel up for the rest of my walk. I got in front of the White House- (on my way back to Restaurant Nora) and Nora calls. She tells me to meet her on the corner and not to walk any more. She is picking me up. (I was only a mile or so from the restaurant but she insisted. So I listened.) So I hop in the car and Nora says we're going to drive around and she'll show me some of the great places to eat. I'm thinking this is a car tour, right? Nope. We pull up to the first place, MomoFuku's and we park, get out, get in, get a seat, get a cocktail, get a "snack" and then three more "snacks". And then we're off to another restaurant. I said, "Nora, aren't we headed home?" She said, "No, we have a few more places to eat at.". WHAT???? This was so much fun and so great. So we walked in to a few restaurants, looked around, took some photos and menus, ate at some and then came home. What a day!!! I have never eaten three meals in a row that were so dang beautiful. And ridiculously tasty!! Nora is non-stop, people. She's a tough one to keep up with. We came home, had a little chat, laughed, drank and on to tomorrow! @LesDamesdescoffier #LDEI

No comments:

Post a Comment