Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Heart is Happy


My Heart is Happy and Pounding with Excitement! 


This morning I woke up with a little clarity. I have met a lot of people this week who have asked me why I'm here. "Are you looking for a job?" "Do you live here?" "Are you going to be a farmer?" And my answer was always NO. But I wasn't sure where I was fitting in with the high-end restaurant and the organic farming. I haven't yet been to the farm, but here are my thoughts today.


I was going to have to leave DC at 5 am tomorrow (my Birthday!) to get to the farm in Virginia at 7am. This morning I found a B&B- (and for those of you who know me, some day I will have one and my husband and I always prefer to stay in people's homes when we travel- which is not that often.) The B&B is on a farm 2 miles from the farm I will be working at Thursday and Friday. It is called the Farm at Sunnyside- if you want to check it out. I will leave DC around lunch time and make the drive to Virginia. It's a beautiful day and I am looking forward to it. I will be off the grid until Friday night because there is no phone service and I'm guessing internet may be spotty, so I will just assume that I will be off electronics for a few days. (which, by the way, sounds like something we should all do, doesn't it?)


So... here is what clarified in my head this morning. I am pretty sure (never say never) that I will not be moving towards working in a restaurant. I am pretty sure that I will not become an organic farmer, or at least not for making a living. But I do see myself somewhere in between. I am educating myself more on the Farming side of things and I know about the restaurant side. So maybe my place is somewhere in between, like a liaison? hmm. Something else to think about. But I am by myself (I am never alone) and I am thinking a lot and resting and eating amazingly fresh food and so there is room for clarity and meditation. 


So here's to a great next 2 days. I'll be back in DC on Friday night to be at the Restaurant and then back home Saturday. 


I just hope there are some animals available for snuggling at the Farms. :)


The Temne Proverb is something I found at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum yesterday. Very appropriate for today. 


Unless you know the road you've come down, you cannot know where you are going. 

Temne proverb, Sierra Leon

This trip would not be possible for me without the support and funding of #LDEI and @lesdamesdescoffier and the Legacy Awards 2016     Thank you!!! www.ldei.org

No comments:

Post a Comment