Thursday, November 4, 2010

SOOOO FRUSTRATED GGRRR!!!!

I am trying to figure out the proper path to obtain a business license, commercial kitchen space and the paperwork to legally create a food product and sell it. The kitchen requires a business license. The business department requires an inspection. The inspection department won't inspect a commercial/shared kitchen. Call the Department of Agriculture and they have nothing to do with inspecting food production for catering. I'd be fine if I wanted to produce baked goods for wholesale and used the proper packaging. Why is this so hard?? I'm just trying to follow the rules to make sure I go about this all the right way, from the very beginning.

Maybe I'll just move to baked goods. They seem to be exempt from this junk when sold at Farmer's Markets, and allowed by the GA Department of Agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment