Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Now the Silence

I woke up this morning with "Now the Silence" in my head. I'm sure it wasn't because it was on my radio as the alarm went off.

Now the silence, now the peace,
Now the empty hands uplifted;
Now the kneeling, now the plea,
Now the Father’s arms in welcome;
Now the hearing, now the power,
Now the vessel brimmed for pouring;
Now the body, now the blood,
Now the joyful celebration;
Now the wedding, now the songs,
Now the heart forgiven, leaping;
Now the Spirit’s visitation,
Now the Son’s epiphany;
Now the Father’s blessing,
Now, now, now.

2 comments:

  1. I always have a lump in my throat when we sign this hymn. That makes it challenging to sing, but I sing through it because this song speaks to my soul in a very powerful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the bell tolling in the church tower ... Now (pause) Now (pause) Now.

    ReplyDelete