Monday, January 18, 2010

Acceptance

So at 6 am, when OS woke up for school, he found the letter I had written to him a few hours earlier. I heard him drop the letter at my bedroom door. On the back of the letter he wrote, "I will join your team. Team: Givers" So this is the name of our organically grown non-official non-profit Team. He wanted to know how we could start. I told him we'd have a Peanut Butter and Jelly drive at school. We'd ask everyone in his class to bring in one jar of each, I'd bring the wagon to school, we'd load it up and bring it to MUST Minstries. He was so excited at how easy this seemed, he asked me to come home early from work. We needed Team T-shirts. So this past Saturday we painted our hands and put them on paper. We experimented with colors, but the swirly ones were the best. You will see them in my logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment