Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Challenge

There is a woman who comes to the Cafe almost every morning for breakfast. She always takes it to go. Today she told me she worked all weekend, as she normally does, and could she please have her fried egg to go- in a box. I asked her if she might take 5 minutes to eat it off of a plate with a fork. She said she had too much work to do and she normally doesn't eat until around 10 anyway. (It was 8:00). So I said, "you mean to tell me you get it to go and then eat it cold at 10?" After more conversation, I discovered that she makes a lot of money, she's got a very good job, but she's not happy. She's always wanted to do something else. Every once in a while I get the sense that Sharon has sent someone to me to help pass along what she taught me. This was another one of those times. So I challenged my Cafe friend to come 10 minutes earlier tomorrow and to sit and eat a hot egg with a fork, on a plate. I also asked why she doesn't just follow what she wants to do- a path with animals. She said she makes really good money where she is. My comment- "you make such great money, but you can't eat an egg off a plate and can't enjoy your money because you are always at work. I shared the Stephen Levine book with her and she said she'd get it. Many people should. http://www.amazon.com/Year-Live-This-Were-Your/dp/0609801945/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342566271&sr=1-1&keywords=stephen+levine+a+year+to+live We'll see what tomorrow brings. Will she get an egg in a box?

No comments:

Post a Comment