Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Hawk Visits Again

This post will be very stream-of-conscience and honest. Lately I've been wondering if I should continue with my 'Nolas. There are many reasons why I have been doubting it. Monday, as I walked to my friend Susan's house to go for our (almost) weekly walk, I heard a hawk, and looked up as it sat on the highest part of the highest tree on the street. As I did my lunges down the street (yeah, nice mental image, huh?) I had a word with the Hawk. "I'm listening, Hawk. I'm looking and I'm listening, and I still don't have an answer." The fact that I actually spoke out loud to the Hawk is a bit funny because I don't talk to myself. Ever. Watching others talk to themselves makes me uncomfortable. So Monday afternoon I went to a fun outdoor YMCA pool with the kids. As we sat in the rain, a Hawk very slowly flew by, almost as if in slow motion. Once again, I said, "I'm listening..." My message that day was that I needed to spend more focused time with the kids. This is obvious- I don't need a Hawk for this. HOWEVER. Today I got the message. I received an invitation- from someone who saw me at the SSFarmers Market- to be a vendor at a Health Fair. WHAAA???? How awesome is this??? So, onwards I go with the 'Nola. Next......

No comments:

Post a Comment