Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lessons We May All Learn From

From my friend Bill:

"Don’t plan too much – it won’t turn out the way you’ve planned.
Don’t expect too much – you’ll be surprised when neat things happen.
Don’t figure out the budget too carefully – things change constantly.
Don’t build up a vision of what it will be like – that too will change.
Don’t forget to love and to accept love – it will come at the oddest times.
Accept what happens as it comes – don’t try to analyze it or fix it.
Smile – you’ll often get one back in return."

Thanks for these bits of wisdom, Bill. May we all take something from this, whatever stage of life we are in.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how these notes I wrote about my experience with my aging parents ... work for almost ANY relationship ... who knew! Thanks for reflecting me back to myself! I learned something from that.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete