Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Completion. AAaaaaaa.

I took my last culinary final exam today. I went right from there to meet the Executive Chef at a Buckhead Life Restaurant, and from there to Restaurant Depot where I bought my products for a Christmas Luncheon I'm cooking for. Friday is GRADUATION. And on top of all of that, I only have about 5 bags of granola left!!! I sold 40 pounds of granola in 3 days. I hope that keeps on. It was a fun and rewarding experience.

For those of you who have been wondering where I'm headed.. I DON'T KNOW. I've got my finger in a bunch of pies right now to see where I really belong. It may take some time, but that's OK. I'm so interested in so many culinary adventures right now that I don't want to take one single path, and may never.

As far as my food truck and restaurant go, these last few weeks have shown me that now is not the time for giant adventures like that. It has been difficult enough to balance my mornings, get the kids off the bus at 2:30 and have time and energy for my husband when the day is done. So... maybe that becomes my 7 year plan and I'll work my way towards that slowly and consistently. For now I'm going to simply enjoy all of these little side paths and being at home with my family at night.

Thank you to all of you (you know who you are) and especially to Sharon P. who was the beginning inspiration for me to make serious changes in my life. THANK YOU ALL. (Now I'm all teary just thinking about the support I've consistently received, and what I've accomplished in 9 months. I'm pretty proud of myself, actually.) Thank you Jason, for being by my side this whole time. Here comes our next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Sue! I am soooo excited for you! I know the shoes that you stand in and if we can just relax a little and trust that we are where we should be, then we can enjoy an awesome journey. Cheers-to new beginnings and great things ahead!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and best of success!!!

    ReplyDelete