Friday, October 8, 2010

American Cuisine

Thursday and Fridays I have American Cuisine. Yesterday we fabricated a round fish and a whole chicken and today we review knife cuts. Today we will also cook and plate a salad, a fish plate and a chicken plate with potatoes and vegetables of our choice. It feels like these two days are simply review of skills (some of us have not been in that frame of mind for months), and today we cook individually and present at the end of class. This is all new. The idea of creating my own plates in class and presenting them as mine feel great. All along we've participated in recipes as a group, and quite honestly, that doesn't ever seem to feel quite right. I've never felt I was able to show what I am good at and then come final time, we do get to do that. Anyway, I suppose I have a nice lunch coming today. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment