Thursday, September 2, 2010

CRITICAL AND FRUSTRATED

So. I cooked an "acceptable" brunch for my friends last week. I had final practicals this week- one day in baking and two days in pastry. I did "OK", but not as well as I would have liked. I was told by a respected classmate that I am super critical of what I create and that's a sign of a good chef. I sure hope that is true!!

Why is it that I can bake something perfectly good at home, and then when I go to do it at school, it's a whole new beast? Is it the addition of 20 others in the kitchen and 20 people opening and closing the refrigerator and oven doors? Is it my inability to completely and calmly just have fun with what I'm doing when it's being done for a grade? Whats the DEAL???

Time for a break. That's what. Three written exams and one project to go and then a much needed few weeks off before I start my last quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment