Friday, May 7, 2010

KITCHEN

Last night ended my three day streak of written tests, presentations, kitchen skills practicals and now I can breathe today. The kitchen practical last night consisted of 90 minutes to make various (and very specific) cuts to carrots, potatoes, garlic, parsley, and tomato and then the rest of the five hour testing was being assigned with a partner to make consomme', veloute', Hollandaise, mayonnaise and bechamel. Class lasted from 5:50 - 10:45 and I'm "cooked" today! Glad I'm not trying to do this while working full time as well. I see what happens to those students- they are falling asleep in class (and snoring, too) and not having their "stuff" prepared for class. This is a huge investment- financially and time-wise and I'm very happy to have the opportunity to be able to focus on it as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!
    Do you get to wear the white hat??

    ReplyDelete