Thursday, November 3, 2011

Waiting..

The title of this blog means nothing except that I waited to write this post. Yesterday was a pretty darn good day and I wanted to wait until today to post about it to see if the thrill was still there. A very, very famous actress has been into the Cafe a few times now. (They're shooting a film locally.) She's liked my quiche and told me about it. She came in yesterday, and I said, "I just took a quiche out of the oven. Would you like a slice?" She asked how much the whole quiche was and proceeded to buy the entire thing because she had friends coming over in ten minutes. Now this story doesn't mean much to you because you don't even know who this famous person is, but I'd like to respect her privacy so she has a comfortable place to relax when she's not working.

Next, Jenny gave me two chef's coats. I've wanted to wear one to work, but based on what a Chef Instructor said to me at graduation, I felt a bit presumptuous wearing a CHEF coat. So I never did get one. But after working for almost 10 months now in the kitchen, it almost brought a tear to my eye when Jenny gave me two of them. And this probably seems silly, too, since for goodness sakes, it's just a piece of material with buttons and a thermometer pocket. But it means a TON to me. And so I wore one today and it was great. Thank you, Jenny. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. It is the little things in life that matter to us. Only a chef knows the pride that goes into wearing that coat every day. I am so happy for you! Now, I really want a slice of this quiche that has caught the eye of a Hollywood actress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing Sue! Thanks for sharing - and YES! you deserve to wear a chef's coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your postings, they are like your food...simple, flavorful, delicious, in just the right portion, leaving me satisfied but wanting seconds. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete