Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a RUSH!

So I tackled my first catering job last night. It was amazing. For those of you that know me, you know I am organized. I had different tasks for prepping on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and then last minute things on Saturday. That organization made all the difference in the world. I learned a good number of things through this process, but one of them being the prepping is the hardest work. The actual "performance" the day of the event was a breeze, but I'm sure that is because I had everything organized and ready to go. It was almost like packing for camping. I had to assume I would have nothing but what I brought, and that was key. But it all felt really natural and just right. I'm in my element here.

The real RUSH came when I heard people a few feet away talking about the food and the presentation. Lots of people came up to me, some multiple times, to tell me how great everything was, from the organization to the presentation to the amazing food. People were really blown away. Obviously this was an amazing first experience.

DREAM NOTE: to have my own kitchen somewhere not in my house, where I can cook and store all of my "stuff". Oh wait. That's my lunch restaurant. : )

If you are interested, this was the menu, and it was for 44 adults.

APPETIZERS
Fresh Vegetable Tray with Blue Cheese Dip
Broccoli, Carrots, Red-Orange-Yellow Bell Peppers, Cucumbers Blue Cheese Dip
Tortillas and Mango Salsa
Cheese and Cracker Assortment
Carr’s Assorted Water Crackers
Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Pepper Jack Cheese
Goat Cheese with Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

MAIN DISHES
Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
Basil Pesto
Grilled Salmon Filets
Fresh Dill Sauce
Grilled Hamburgers
Caramelized Vidalia Onions
Assorted Cheeses (same as appetizer)
Water Rolls
Sliced Tomatoes, Mixed Greens and Sliced Vidalia Onions

SIDES
Mixed Greens Salad, Vinaigrette, Goat cheese and Sunflower Sseeds
Red Potato Salad with Bacon and Spring Onions
White Bean and Corn Salad with Fresh Lemon and Cilantro

DESSERT
Fresh Strawberries, Blueberries and Homemade Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment