Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The BIG Kitchen

This week I have volunteered to facilitate the snacks for 112 Vacation Bible School kids- for five days- at my church. While the foods and ideas were presented to me, I find myself at peace in the kitchen by myself. I've made individual zebra sundaes, giraffes (pear halves, celery, raisins and almonds), monkey food that's dropped in mud (bananas and chocolate pudding, snack bags of trail mix and amongst the chaos, found that I am in the right place. I've given directions to these kids on how to make their giraffes, and tomorrow will be some story about the monkey swinging from a tree (branches fall- pretzel sticks) and he drops his banana in the mud (pudding) and decides to eat it anyway. I'm having such a blast. I am very thankful to have been given this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment